Macdonald Environmental Planning is always seeking qualified, motivated, and talented individuals to join our team. See our job listings below to learn more about the current openings. If there are no current openings, please send your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org because we are always seeking talented individuals.
Macdonald Environmental Planning, P.C. a leading sustainable landscape architectural design firm in west Portland, is seeking talented and motivated individual(s) with strong design background and interests in Sustainable Design, Healing Environments Planning /Design, and Housing and Community Planning to join our team. This collaborative/innovative atmosphere fosters a fabulous growth opportunity for candidates who are team players who can complement and strengthen the firm while bringing unique qualities to each endeavor large or small.
MEP has an extensive array of projects, including medical campus master planning, healing environment(s) design, mixed-use, senior communities, and park & recreation design. Sustainable design practices are woven through all these project types. They include a combination of green/eco-roofs, living green walls, rainwater harvesting/sculptures, soft storm-water treatment, use of eco-friendly materials, and selection of appropriate plants for local environmental conditions.
Landscape Designer/ Project Associate
The applicant for this position must have the ability to collaborate on complex projects with multi-disciplinary design teams, have solid and organized technical production abilities, be skilled at presentation graphics, and have strong communication skills. This is a full-time (40 hour/week) position.
- Production of project construction plans, details, and ongoing project documentation
- Preparation of presentation graphic plans, perspectives, and storyboards
- Provide miscellaneous technical support for firm principal and project managers
- Bachelor / Masters of Landscape Architecture from an accredited university
- 1 to 4 years in professional production experience in a Landscape Architecture office
- Strong AutoCAD skills and construction detailing proficiency
- MS Office Suite
- Adobe Creative Suite; Photoshop, InDesign, etc.
- Strong writing, communication and computer graphics skills
- Knowledge and experience with Sketch Up and 3D graphics
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Irrigation design experience is a plus
The firm is conducting all work in-office.
To apply, please submit a resume, a letter of interest, and work samples (under 10MB) in pdf form to email; email@example.com